Sunday, October 05, 2014

MARILLA BLUE AND ORANGE

I will have a solo show at GR2 ,
opening reception  is on 10/25, Saturday,
6:30PM-10:00PM
and the title is 
"MARILLA BLUE AND ORANGE"


This show is about  my new project "Marilla Blue" (picture book), and it's behind story,
how it has build in long time in my head ( still i am building up),
since I made "BLUE AND ORANGE", an animation short as a sophomore project at Calarts in 2002-3.
I hope you can feel my Blue and Orange and infinity and beyond,,,



Marilla was a beautiful blue.

Not quite the blue when the sky is in a good mood.
Not quite the blue when the ocean is in a kind mood.
It is Marilla’s blue.

A different blue whenever you see it.

It is Marilla’s blue....

excerpt from "MARILLA BLUE"

Created by Mari Inukai
Story by Ayako Fujitani
English Translation by Ayako Fujitani and Sena Inukai


ANIMATION SCREENING

"I AM WAITING FOR..."

"BLUE AND ORANGE" 
Even though I love to do animation, I had felt my limitation to  be able to do "something"with "traditional animation", so I was trying to figure out what I can do and I love to do most, with the tool "animation", and while in my struggle time, which opened up my eyes, head and mind to be able to create "something" only I can do.

"SWIFTY AND BANGIRAS"

"SHIAWASE NO KAKERA/PIECE OF HOPE"

GR2
2062 Sawtelle Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025(310) 445-9276





ALL ARTWORKS, ANIMATIONS STORIES MARIINUKAI © ALL RIGHT RESERVED