Monday, April 13, 2009

JAB STRONG FIERCE (STREET FIGHTER TRIBUTE SHOW)

At Gallery Nucleus, April 25, 2009 - May 11, 2009
Opening Reception / Apr 25, 7:00PM - 11:00PM

Here is my painting for the show, "SAKURA SAKE"

in order to get inspiration to create this painting, i checked new game trailers and movie trailer, yet i tried to focus on what i can create as who i am,
Sakura is my favorite flower and mean pretty a lot to me.
When sakura fill in whole japan from south to north, people finish old life and start new life,
i still remember, i was standing between my mom and teacher, wearing uniform, close my mouth really tight, under sakura trees on the day i graduated kindergarten.
and i remember when my first boyfriend kissed on my cheek under a sakura tree at Takamu jinjya (SINTO temple) on the first day of middle school.
etc..etc...almost every each year there was something, till i got out Japan.
So anyway, always, when i draw sakura,, i get emotional, since all memories around sakura time are just so clear and important part of my life.
sakura sake means bloom sakura, but also, i meant, hope for bloom, and acceptance.
and besides those serious thought,
i just thought that, Sakura should wear something warm during winter,,,,ha ha,
i made a dialogue line for her while i was drawing her,," atashi datte samuindayone,fuyuha sa."

i finished this painting too!!! how do you think? i think i want to make prints of this painting,,, do you think it is good idea?
( can you see sakura in this painting too....?>_<)