Thursday, July 26, 2007

KENT WILLIAMS



Here is one more big news for COMIC-CON!
At Allen Spiegel Fine Art book store(4701), you are able to get new Kent Williams art works book:AMALGAM: PAINTINGS & DRAWINGS, 1992 - 2007
This is the most comprehensive collection of paintings and drawings by Kent Williams to date, all beautifully reproduced in this large 10 x 12 hardcover, with essays by Edward Lucie-Smith (noted art historian and writer on contemporary art) and Julia Morton.
Also available is an extremely limited signed and numbered slipcased edition (just 75 copies) that will include an original tipped in two color lithograph created by Kent Williams especially for the edition, with the 2nd color being painted by hand, thus creating a unique print for each copy of the book.




Seriously, since I saw his book Kent Williams: Drawings & Monotypes almost 10 years ago, I have been trying to check out all his books and exhibitions in Los Angeles.
Kent Williams's art works are exceptional and evolving in every each moments with his all sensitive creativity and absorbency, and when I saw this book, I just couldn't say any words with exhale, no words, just no words. So many, too many of him.
You really need to see and get by yourself, if you love figurative art works of master artists.
In his book AMALGAM, I am able to see his history, emotions, personality, influences, and possibilities, which make me believe, he is the one of artist whose name will be on many thick art history books with real fine artists.


And for the promotion, I designed AMALGAM tshirts for Allen Spiegel, you are able to buy only at Allen's booth during COMIC-CON!



And one more thing I need to say, Kent painted my cats on his painting, because while he painted, he was drinking coffee with my mug, I designed...
Yey! I know,, here is another big show and tell,,ha ha hah-!

see,, here is a proof..